1. Timeline and Duration
- 17/02/2020 Call Opening
- 30/06/2020 First Call Closing (7 startups will be chosen)
- 16/09/2020 Second Call Closing (8 startups will be chosen)
- 06/10/2020 Startup Competition Day
The company which promotes the initiative is Search On Media Group S.r.l., Operational Headquarters: via dei Mille, 3 - 40121 Bologna, VAT 02418200800 - Share Capital 10.000€ Phone: (+39) 051 09 51 294 - Email: email@example.com. The event is organized in collaboration with CCIC and ZICER.
WMF, CCIC and ZICER want to encourage innovation and entrepreneurship, enhancing economic growth and social development. The Zagreb Startup Event is therefore aimed at promoting innovative digital projects and giving a concrete support to innovative startups in an international environment.
4. How to participate
Send your request by filling out the form with the following pieces of information:
- Name of the project;
- Description of the project;
- Elevator Pitch.
5 . The Competition
At the end of the selection process, a dedicated team composed of WMF, CCIC and ZICER experts will choose 15 startups who will have the opportunity to present their project at the Zagreb Startup Competition, through a 3-minute speech. Following the presentation, the public will have 3 minutes to ask for further clarification. The audience will then express their preference through an online voting system, on the basis of the following criteria:
- Skills and knowledge of the team, feasibility of the project;
- Product / service development stage;
- Degree of innovation and defensibility of the same;
- Competitive context and positioning;
- Market needs;
- Business potential of the idea;
- Clarity of the speech.
The 3rd and 2nd classified will be invited to give the elevator pitch in Italy, during WMF, in a dedicated conference room in front of the most important European investors.
The 1st classified will benefit:
- access to a 6sqm stand in the Innovation Area of WMF;
- chance to give the elevator pitch in Italy in a dedicated conference room in front of the most important European investors;
- possibility to be one of the 6 startups that will pitch in the Mainstage of the WMF. This option will grant access to the WMF Startup Competition awards (total value of 1 million euros).
The promoter reserves the right to contact the winners and any third parties present in their list of addresses.
8. Decree 430/1
In accordance with Article 6 of the Presidential Decree 430/01, this initiative cannot be considered a prize contest. The competition was conceived for projects or studies that belong to an industrial context, in which the award consists of the recognition of personal merit and other benefits.
No liability can be accepted by the promoter for the awarding of prizes. Should the contest not be carried out as foreseen, the promoter reserves the right, at its complete discretion, to modify or cancel it, without this resulting in any responsibility for the promoter. To participate in the initiative, it is not necessary to purchase any products sold by the promoter. Participation is free of charge.
10. Applicable rules
The initiative is regulated by the Italian law.